You can download the history of Pári as a PDF document.

The settlement was already mentioned in the 14th century in papal tax books, but probably got named in the middle of the 16th century after the aristocrats Johann and Simon Paari, who lived there at that time.

By the year 1600 the village was mainly inhabited by Raizen (Serbians), as proof serves, the building remainders found later a so-called Raizen cemetery. The river Koppäny, which flows besides the village, served the local water mill for centuries. Once it was very richly filled with fish; remaining records also mention a great presence of wild ducks and even of otters.

The notes of a notary from 1865 mentions that on the southwest of the hill traces of an castle were found. After the Turk rule in the year 1726, families from the area of Baden-Wuerttemberg and the Black Forest were settled in the uninhabited village Pari. The Swabian Germans processed the neglected fields with persistent diligence and hard work. The agriculture and the handicraft flowered to outside the village.

Pari and the surrounding forest were, from the end of the 17th century possession of the family Esterhazy. Its wild park, where numerous deer, roebucks and wild pigs had their habitat, was already famous at that time. During the 1st and 2nd world war also Parier families suffered heavy losses. The majority of the kidnapped people that had to go into forced labour and were released three years later in 1945 and now spoke the German language weren’t allowed to return to their loved homeland village. In their houses families from the former upper Hungary settled in. In the year 1984 Pari was attached to the neighbour city Tamási, but its independence was recovered in the year 2006 after citizens’ initiative.